Sunday, August 9, 2009

Vacation is Almost Over

Summer is almost over for me and I can honestly say I am glad. I miss the routine of a "normal" day. It is hard to try to keep the kids out of Bill's hair while he is working but I hated sending them to daycare.

I finished all of my reading list for the summer plus got in a few extras. I really enjoyed reading and I hope to do the same assignment next year. It keeps me up to date on what the kids are reading.

I was able to attend a teachers workshop this summer called "Great Expectations". It was wonderful. I received a manual that was about 4 inches thick and was overwhelmed by all the information that I obtained. I am really excited to see how it works in my classroom. They told us that it was take a good three years before you were really comfortable with it and I am sure that will be the case. The key will be consistency. I HAVE to stick with it, even on those days that I am exhausted.

My classroom is pretty much ready I may post pictures. Not sure how many people care to see it because if you are not a teacher it is really hard to get excited about a decorated classroom. :) Bill told me I am in the right profession. I get very excited when it comes to teaching. However, teaching children's service at camp would not be my comfort zone I have realized. I don't know why but that kind of stuff makes me very nervous. I guess I am more into teaching the academics rather than the songs, stories and skits. Give me a good old math lesson any day!!

This post has got way to long so I guess I will sign off.

No comments: