Life has been entertaining around here. Sometimes in a good way and sometimes in a bad way. For starters, Miranda lost over 1 pound at Weight Watchers. I didn't do so well as I only lost .2 pounds. I was extremely happy with that as my body decided that it wants to be 159 or above and would like to stay there no matter what I do. I was afraid a gain of a pound or two was going to be the final result.
Nellie has learned at daycare how to "give raspberries" and on the way home from El Pueblito (where we celebrated our losses at Weight Watchers by overeating), both she (her? grammar?) and Patrick decided to give each other raspberries WITH THEIR MOUTHS FULL OF POP. Yeah, that went down really well. The other day at school, Patrick decided to dog pile all the kids while they were getting ready for nap time. Luckily he only ended up with a red card. He follows the beat of a different drummer and school isn't the place for "being yourself". He has a tough time with that (to put it mildly).
The other night we went down to see Mom and Dad. We went to Langley to eat out and get away. We made a quick trip to Disney because I wanted to take a picture of Pistol Pete's menu. Pistol Pete's is a small cafe over at Disney. "What's so special about Pistol Pete's menu?", I hear you ask:
That's right. It's 1/2 in Cherokee. I apologize for the lousy picture but it was my cellphone. When I was a little boy, there was (still is actually) a computer programmer living in Disney by the name of Joel Douglas. He taught me everything I knew about computers as a boy and he forgot more about computers than I will ever know. I consider him one of the smartest people I have ever known and owe him a great debt for his instruction and for giving me a skill that has made me a living. His wife (an Indian, maybe Cherokee but I'm not sure) has a bunch of books and tapes about Cherokee that she is going to loan me if we can ever get back down there.
You were wondering how I went from Cherokee to Disney to Joel Douglas weren't you! HA! Notice how I cleverly ended back up at Cherokee!!! There is a method to my madness after all.
Well it's time for me to go. I am trying to get Miranda to make an update because she always has cute pictures of Patrick and Nellie and has her viewpoints as well. My viewpoint tend to ramble on and on (so you've noticed huh!).
Until next time.
Bill

No comments:
Post a Comment